If I told you that you can have healthy breakfast waffles on Slimming World would you believe me? Probably not, I wouldn’t either. I have to say that I just love sweet waffles but calorie wise and syn wise, they aren’t worth it. When I was scouring the internet I found that Pinch of Nom and a lot of Slimming Worlders had been making syn free waffles which baffled me. I honestly wasn’t sure that they could be as good as the ones I would have usually bought but let me tell you, they are so easy and so tasty as well.
- You will need a waffle mould which are really inexpensive.
- 40g of Oats (add 6 syns if not using as your Healthy Extra B)
- 75g of syn free yogurt. I used natural but I think vanilla would be nice as well.
- 1 tbsp sweetener or less depending how sweet you want them (I tend to have Stevia)
- 1 medium egg, whisked
- An optional few drops of vanilla essence (or any other flavouring you wish)
- You can use a variety of toppings but my favourites are fresh strawberries and raspberries.
- Mix your oats, egg, sweetener, essence of choice and yogurt together. I’ve seen it recommended to blitz them which I didn’t do but you can it you wish.
- Once you have the mixture at the consistency you want (if it’s too thick, blitz at this point) simply pour into your waffle mould.
- Bake the waffles at around 180ºc for around 15/20 minutes until the waffles are firm to touch and slightly brown.
- Take the waffles out of the mould and place them on a baking tray so they can cook to be golden brown. This takes around 5 minutes.
- Once your waffles are cooked all that’s left is to add your toppings and enjoy!