If you follow me on Instagram you will know that I absolutely love my Leek, Bacon and Potato bake. In fact, I love it so much that I make it on a weekly basis so today I thought I’d share the recipe with you – it’s so simple to make and absolutely delicious and it won’t break the bank. It is a syn free recipe on Slimming World using the cheese as your healthy extra and the recipe is for three portions (I make it for two of us and then have one portion left for my lunch the next day).
- 600g Potatoes (I use desiree)
- 2 Bacon Medallions Per Person (all fat removed)
- 2 Large Leeks
- 4 Eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- 90g Red Leicester (healthy extra or 6 syns)
- Firstly preheat your oven to 200°
- Then, chop up your ingredients (I always peel my potatoes as well) and whisk the eggs in a bowl adding in a little salt and pepper
- Pop your potatoes into a pan of cold water and leave them to start boiling. Meanwhile, take your cut up bacon and add to a pan with some frylight and cook until crispy
- Once they have started to boil, leave them for about 10 minutes so they get a little soft. Then cut up your leeks and add them in for a few minutes to soften slightly.
- Once the vegetables are ready, drain them off and add to an ovenproof dish adding in your bacon and whisked up eggs and mix together. Then, take your red leicester cheese and add to the top.
- Put in the oven for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and then serve.